Thursday, August 7, 2008

Down to one day!


Ahh yes, the end of a crazy 42 days. I can't believe it's here already! I don't know how people have long engagements. The longer we've been planning the more money we're spending and the more stressed we're getting! I'm glad we're done! I have this new appreciation for brides now...I promise I will be more understanding at weddings! (I'm a wedding photographer for those of you that didn't know.)


We found a violin player (and a cello.) The girl that I called last weekend JUST called me back this morning. "Ummmm, do you still want me for your wedding tomorrow?" Ah, no thanks....Real professional huh? We've had the worst luck with the musicians being total flakes. I have a feeling about the ones we hired too, so keep your fingers crossed!


We decided to write our own ceremony and vows! We stayed up till well past 2am last night and finally got it perfected. We sent them off to our awesome minister who said that he liked what we came up with...yey!


I've managed to stay pretty sane, with the exception of yesterday when I realized that I had missed my hair appointment. I FLEW to the salon and begged my hairdresser for forgiveness! She was totally cool about it and we're going to do it tonight instead. She even sent me on the mission to the mall to buy hair clips. Deep down I know it was just to get my mind off from things and it totally worked. Nothing like trying on some clothes, eating a pretzel and wandering around aimlessly to take your mind off of things! My phone even went dead, which was awesome because I had an hour to myself. (Normally I can get two days of life out of my phone. Mine was dead within 5 hours since EVERYONE was calling...thank goodness I switched to the unlimited plan!)


We are getting chairs so our guests won't have to sit in the lawn for the ceremony, haha. Poor Ryan and Greg are picking up the chairs, it's amazing what guys will do for the promise of beer!


Well, I suppose I should start my day. I'll let you all know how everything turned out. (I'll post vendors names then too, since they have been so kind to us!)
Wish us luck!!


1 comment:

White Rose said...

Musicians are total flakes, I'm sad to say. It sounds like you had a great wedding day though!