Saturday, October 25, 2008

1st Ultrasound Oct 13 2008


I went in to my appointment to meet with the nurse who answers all the questions that the doctor won't have time for (can I drink coffee, can I run, is this normal, etc.) It's just a sit down meeting to make sure I'm not doing something stupid that might hurt the baby.


Everything was fine, but I mentioned that I was still having the pain in my right side. She said they may want to do an ultrasound that week just to make sure that everything is okay. Then she came back in the room and said they may want to do it TODAY. Well, I didn't bring poor Tony with because I didn't think I needed him. After all this was just a sit down with the nurse. So I call Tony and tell him he needs to get to the office as soon as possible. The nurse came back in the room and said "they want you to go NOW."


Poor Tony missed the first ultrasound. We are both so bummed. BUT, the baby is fine. I got to see the little heartbeat and the teeny legs and arms. I cried. It's so amazing to know that there is a teeny tiny little person in my belly. (I'm not showing yet, so it's still pretty weird to me.)

So it's taken me a couple of weeks to post this because, later that week Tony said the police showed up at our house. I called the number on the card and set up a meeting to talk to them. I can't get into much detail yet, but it turns out that someone I know stole my idenity. I was able to figure out who had done it and watched the person get arrested later in the day. I have to go to court this Tuesday to deal with this. I can't say more, other than I am pissed. This is someone I spoke to on a daily basis on a professional level. I'll post more about this as I can.

No comments: